View Single Post
Old 07-18-18, 01:11 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Hudson308
Gorgeous bike! Another notch for the Powdercoat man? It will probably be safer at Luther than at any typical Twin Cities college bike rack, but you may consider registering it (for free) on the Minneapolis Police Bike Registry. I know Iowa is a bit of a distance for a stolen bike to travel back, but at the very least you'll have a margin of proof that you own it if the worst should happen. I also would discourage keeping that Brooks on a college bike. You can buy a cheap "pleather" facsimile from Origin8 that will hold up to inclement weather a bit better. (I spotted the bonnet stuffed under the saddle, but sometimes weather happens when you're nowhere around.)
Indeed, another notch for Doug. We do plan on registering it. My son is type AA, so I'm sure he will keep the saddle bonnetted (is that a word?) at all times. Also, I'll be super gluing ball bearings into the bolt heads of the seatpost and saddle clamp.

Last edited by revcp; 07-18-18 at 01:20 PM.