Old 07-18-18, 02:32 PM
u235

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by 02Giant
Occasionally I will attempt to keep pace with a younger rider that passes me. Not the attempt to hang on to their rear wheel pacing, but having them get out a ways (100 yards or so) and see if I can hang or not. A bit of a challenge of sorts. Once in a while I will pass someone and they will pick up their pace. I maintain the pace I had been on, if they want to overtake, good for them.
+2. I ride solo almost exclusively unless in the unlikely event someone in my family actually wants to ride a bike. Maybe a "group ride" 2-3 times out of my 120 or so outings per year.
Same here. Some artificial goal to shoot for. Maybe the person 100 yards ahead is just cruising on a slow day, the "challenge" between the two of you isn't real or even noticed to them but it doesn't matter. It was about you picking up the pace and going for it.

General comment.. not specific to you 02Giant.
If you notice someones else's impromtu challenge or percieve a challeng even though there wasn't one just keep doing what you are doing and let them appear to beat you. Some people will go out of their way and stop what they are doing to avoid being the recipient of someone else's "challenge". Very strange you don't want to get "beat" in a fake race that badly. How's this, maybe that guy that blew by you was doing reps or training as well. Funny how everyone with a story is faster than everyone else.

Last edited by u235; 07-18-18 at 07:48 PM.