genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
A shared paths implies equal access and use. However, I've never seen any cyclist occupying or continuous riding on the pedestrian side. However, I can't say the same for the reverse.

As a motorist, I've never said that. Knowing full well a single cyclist can do little to disrupt my means of travel. In fact, when I see a cyclist, I give him a thumbs up, knowing that he represents one less car on the road I have to contend with.
That's 'cause you are not really a motorist... you are a cyclist in a car. I bet you even look for cyclists and are fully aware of where they are, while you drive.

To a motorist, folks on bicycles have two states... they are either invisible ("I didn't see 'em"), or "in the way."

I used to play a little game with my fellow engineers when we would occasionally go to lunch as a group in one car... after passing a cyclist, I'd ask what color the cyclist was wearing... and get answers ranging from "what cyclist" to a proper color answer... the latter was an indication that the cyclist was seen, not "automatically ignored."

Try it some time with good friends... it will annoy anyone else.