Old 07-22-18, 06:57 PM
taguy4

Bikes: Peugeot PR-10, Peugeot UO-8, Boeris racing bike, AMF Roadmaster Renegade, Gitane Gypsy Sport, various Schwinn muscle bikes, Schwinn Super Sport, Panasonic DX-4000, Palo Alto Campy equipped bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
I replaced both pulleys with a set of pulleys off of an old pre-SIS Shimano 600 derailleur and they both spin, although the bottom one not quite as freely (by a small margin) as the top one. This leads me to wonder whether the inner plate could be bent somehow. Having said that the bottom Campy pulley was clamped solidly when it was still on the derailleur and both nuts were tightened down.

I took the bike out for a rider last night and every once in a while - usually in 5th gear - the chain jumps ahead on the cog of the freewheel. I don't know if this is from having the Shimano pulleys on the derailleur or whether I have a bad cog on the freewheel (I need to study it carefully). The freewheel is a Sachs freewheel. The chain is a new Sedisport chain, and like I do on all chains I install after I pressed the pin back into the plate with the chaintool I made sure the chain link rotates on that pin so the chain works as it should. My guess is it's the freewheel or the Shimano pulleys not working with the Campy derailleur.

I may put the Campy pulleys back on with a thin washer as mentioned above.