Old 07-24-18, 01:47 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
I'm sure there's a forum somewhere where you can whine about the traffic. Bridgeforums or Tunnelforums maybe?

I have yet to encounter a busy MUP where nobody was riding a bicycle. I've encountered an EMPTY MUP where I was the only person riding a bicycle and nobody was walking. Mile after mile after mile.

Anyhow, when the MUP is busy, there is a lot of traffic. Which means that there are lots of PEOPLE using the MUP. People on bikes. People on foot. Which can lead to traffic jams.

If you don't want to be the traffic you are stuck in, then find another route with less traffic (Miele Man's choice), or travel at a different time when there is less traffic, or SLOW DOWN to a safe speed and pass only when safe -- because TRAFFIC, or incessantly WHINE about the TRAFFIC. It's really that simple.

OR, you can honk honk HONK because the car in front of you just cut you off on the GWB. Or be that person who is getting honked at while you are cutting everyone off because every half a car length is so damn valuable to you. Or incessantly WHINE about the TRAFFIC.

Your choice.

-mr. bill
Interesting that you should mention "traffic jam", because I've never once encountered it among bikes. It only gets jammed when pedestrians move over and encroach onto the bike designated section.

Of course all of this implies that there is a marked separation between the two. If its just a trail or path WITHOUT MARKINGS, then there no expectation of exclusivity.