aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by kauaikit
Absolutely......I'm always looking for a bike race, while riding solo to get in my cardio workout, especially the high priced Spandex riders. Ok, so I'm getting a little help from stored electrons!

One time I was riding on a slightly downhill mountain road and came across a hard-core spandex rider going around 20mph & I asked if he wanted to race. I was curious his top speed. He looked at this old(er) rider on a heavy MTB with a smirk, & said "go for it". I went to 38-40mph and this smartass didn't even know what he was up against!

I'm riding an American designed and assembled '05 Wavecrest Tidalforce M-750X. It a rear hub (25lbs) that uses a 7 post internal sine-wave controller putting out around 1900 watts @ 59amps, with a 40.7v/11s (46.2v charged) lithium battery on a Montague Paratrooper frame. DARPA was involved in using this tech ebike for the Military.
You went 40mph downhill in the dirt...on this?

How long had you been riding the bike prior to this? Did the battery get you home? How long was the total ride? These bikes were $3K back in the mid 2000's, akin to a $6K bike today (like the one ridden by the high priced little crying ***** you dusted).