Old 07-29-18, 09:07 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I believe periodically doing some moderate impact exercise is good for the body. Don't go overboard, but adding a little into one's routine likely is more benefit than harm.

I keep meaning to add some running into my routine, but I am a big time bike commuter, and running doesn't take me anywhere useful.

Strava did have a 1 mile challenge the last couple of years which I did... WHEW, even a mile or two was tough going. Although, I can still do those 50 yard jogs around a hay field.
Truer words cannot be spoken.
Originally Posted by Lazyass
I've ran a couple of marathons and ridden many centuries. The marathons were MUCH harder to me, you have no break unless you want to walk and my pride wouldn't allow that. On the bike you can always coast, and if it's in a group I'm coasting a bunch in the draft anyway.

But I haven't ran a mile since I retired from the army 8 years ago. I was a 6 minute mile guy but I don't miss it and my knees thank me.
Take if from the bad knee guy, I'm becoming more and more convinced that's the worst thing we can do. See above.