View Single Post
Old 07-29-18, 09:43 AM
Buellster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I'll be picking up one of these I'm posting about in the next few days and then I'll be posting about repairs and such like this thread is meant for. I dont mean to spam all your lovely posts with appraisals, but I dont want to get something I regret since I only have room for one more bike so its gotta be a good one. This will be my last appraisal post as I'm down to these 3.
Anyway...
First I found an AMF Hercules 3 speed with dyno lights and tail light. Its 23" according to seller and between this and the Armstrong posted above I'd lean towards the armstrong. With only an inch of difference I just like the character of the Armstrong more. That one inch could be a big a difference though.
I also found a bike on the taller end. It is a swedish 3 speed and I frankly dont like the sound of that given the price and rarity of swedish bottom brackets and quills. I know crescent has a bad reputation in the road biking community for being heavy, but that's not the worst thing for a 3 speed.
seller says its a 25" frame, which may even be too tall for me.
what was the reputation of crescent for 3 speeds? He only wants 35 dollars and if it would be a good starter bike I'd be happy to ride it around, but I fear is be biting off a lot to chew.

23\" AMF

MCB Crescent 3 speed