View Single Post
Old 07-30-18, 04:41 PM
GadgetGirlIL

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Vortex, 2017 All-City Mr. Pink, ~1997 Trek Multitrack 700

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 57 Posts
@KraneXL - I didn't take it as an admonition but I also know my body and know what I've pushed myself through in the past which often ended up making matters worse. There are no magic shoes nor running surfaces that will fix the "knee derangement" that I have (term used by the radiologist who read my x-ray). After suffering for over 2 months with sleep disturbances from the knee pain I've been having, I'm not willing to go back to running even though I'm getting through most nights these days without pain.

Biking was my first love as a kid. At this stage of my life I now have more time and motivation to pursue long distance cycling. I'm making new friends and just did a weekend cycling event where one of my randonneuring friends and I did 105+ mile very hilly bike rides both on Saturday and Sunday. It earned us some cool bling as well as a personal best for me in terms of miles ridden in a weekend. It was way more fun than any running event ever was. The body part that is bothering me the most today is the back of my hand were the stupid flies bit me through my cycling glove on 6 separate occasions.

My goal for 2019 is to complete a 300K event.