View Single Post
Old 07-31-18, 05:43 AM
Mickey2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Fat bikes are a trend now, and so are the pluss bikes. If you can afford to buy and store a speciality bike don't hesitate too much to try it out. It can be a lot of fun. I guess it originated from a couple of guys who built their own frame and experimented and thought it was fun. It caught on and these days fat bike frames tyres are generally availalbe for anyone who are interested. I have noticed a few fat bikes with electrical motor in my area, they roll along nicely on the pavement to and from the trail they are meant for. Some like them.

It's not that long a go a young guy fixed up a steel cantilever Schwinn frame for off the road use. It's an heavy all round frame that turned out to stand up to the job. It certainly wasn't made for off road uses. These days things have moved further along many times and builds optimised for various off the road purposes are available, it has a lot to do with just having fun with it too. I'm just saying, you can work on various types of builds and frames for intended purposes.

Something like tracking down a good set of tyres for special purposes and taking the bother to change tyres can get you quite far when it comes to grip in muddy conditions. This is the type of tyre I was thinking might improve your Vaya in muddy condtion.

Last edited by Mickey2; 07-31-18 at 05:51 AM.