View Single Post
Old 08-02-18, 11:31 AM
Nelson37
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That information should have been your very first post, it boggles my mind that you left it out.

Some additional information that might be useful is roughly how long you have had this bike, how many miles total, and a description of your general usage pattern.

Any more details about the battery itself might be useful, such as shrink wrap or hard-shell case? Where mounted? Type of power connectors? Any info on cells? How much did it cost? What color is it, and what kind of climate do you live in?

Couple of things I would do. Run the battery down for a while, Then test and report all cell voltages.

Use a strong light, magnifying glass, flashlight, AND a second pair of eyes, and go over every wire, every connector, and every individual pin in those connectors, start front to back, take a break, have a beer or whatever, compare notes, and then do it AGAIN back to front. After doing all EXTERNAL to the battery, then do the same thing INTERNAL. Take your time, you have several hundred dollars riding (get it?) on this.

It could be bad cell or cells, they JUST MIGHT have suddenly gone bad at the very same time you had your crash, it is possible, but...... IF, Repeat IF, the timing is as you report, I would have to call that Extremely Unlikely.