View Single Post
Old 08-05-18, 08:50 AM
NewATBikeComute

Bikes: Trek 800 Sport,Cavelo Gara

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
A friend and I, looking for new adventures, decided to ride the MM, since he had never ridden it, and I had done only part of it.

Started in Watertown on Saturday, around 8:30, road to Alewife and picked up the MM; rode to the Depot in Bedford. Some rain at that point felt good. Stopped at Ride Studio for coffee and coffee cake on the way out. The predictions of showers seemed to be for elsewhere, as it was humid but not threatening. Or was I being wistful?

Before reaching Bedford, it was raining, but so lightly that it felt good. Nothing could take away from new adventures, friendship, and a chance to stretch ones legs.

Started to pick up a bit, but the heavy canopy provided by the trees kept the worst off. Looking forward to a planned stop at Kickstand Cafe, and trying their Vietnamese spring rolls helped distract from the heavier precipitation that accompanied the breaks in the trees.

Heavier and heavier came the rain. Where was my packable rain gear? In my car of course. Always trying to keep my load as light as possible, but that was beyond foolish optimism.

Got to the Kickstand, warm beverage and food while under a tree that provided little more than the illusion of some protection, but food was excellent. Admitted to my friend that it was still a good ride, but the rain 'was taking some of the joy out of it'. He agreed.

Finished the ride, dried off with some borrowed towels, headed home.

A great day!

----------
Installed new crankset on my commuter today, about to take it for a test drive. Also a great day.