View Single Post
Old 08-05-18, 05:24 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4224 Post(s)
Liked 3,917 Times in 2,336 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Oof, 111 pounds, that's a spicey meatball!!
i reckon that must be 80lbs of stuff on the bike. Seems at the time of the photo you had lots of spare food on back, was there a lot of extra water as well?
I've found that study guys like you can perhaps live with this weight, but as a light guy, I generally haven't gone past about 60lbs, and that was at the far end of extreme with extra water and food.
hope the trip was fun.
​​​​​​
Sturdy/studly/stupid not sure which you're calling me It turned I didn't live with the load, although the heat was the real issue. Having about a gallon of water does you no good when your stomach shuts down. It was in central MT that I had to stop and rent a van for a few days.

This shot was with a couple days worth of food (the usual stash) and my daily starting with near 1 1/2 gallons of water. The weighing in Missoula was at the end of a few days of riding so my food and water load was actually fairly light weight. I figure I had nearly 120 lbs total when geared up fully. My water filter and a few other items got UPSed home when I got to WI. Andy