View Single Post
Old 08-10-18, 04:12 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7665 Post(s)
Liked 3,521 Times in 1,855 Posts
I don't know the Absoulte, but I checked out the Yari line about a year ago .... I actually bought one, but then returned it for a Sportif, because I knew i would end up mostly on pavement and would need to buy a second set of wheels.

I would think if there is an Al Yari with CF forks and Sora it would be well suited to the type of riding you describe. Nice fat tires can take the pain out of bad pavement, and the bike looks tough enough to take the vibration. As I said, I have the Sportif, and have a couple friend with various Fuji road bikes, so I know they are made well.

If you could post links? I know the site won't let you yet, bt you can do "http://-xxx-www.--xxx-xxxbikename--xx--bikesite---xxx---model-number" kind of thing.

One thing---if you buy a bike you will likely be riding it for years. if you need to spend an extra hundred up front .... spread that over five or so years and suddenly it isn't a hundred euros, it is a few pennies each day to get a bike which you enjoy a lot more.