Old 08-12-18, 12:59 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MrsIncredible73
To be honest, I was really frustrated after last week’s class. We were doing proximity drills, and I was far more wobbly (for lack of a better description) on the bike than I was comfortable with being so close to other riders. I don’t have this issue on my road bike. I will admit that I don’t ride that close on the road, so the close proximity is new to me, however, I didn’t expect to have have bike handling issues. I’m hoping I just need more time on the bike and on the track.
You probably do have this issue on the road, just not to the same degree that it seemed like on The track. Most people coming from road think they have well honed pack skills because all they've ever done is road racing. This includes pros. Once you get some more track time, your skills will sharpen up. You will soon learn that without brakes, the group moves a little more fluidly, and you will get more comfortable racing closer when you realize that the decelerations of the group happen less suddenly. After a season of track racing, you'll jump into the year's first road race and wonder why things are so chaotic on the road.