View Single Post
Old 08-13-18, 02:29 PM
bikenh

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mev
Slightly off-topic, but a question to the OP: It seems like you start a lot more threads than ever replying to any threads including your own. Why?
VERY off topic...Why is it as a beginner, no matter what topic you are talking about you are expected to know everything? Why should someone reply to threads they know nothing about? If you don't know much about a topic, how can you be expected to give any decent input on a subject?

I remember quite a few years back when I was just starting back into biking and i was looking around at different message boards, some I flat out walked away from because they wanted me to post 5 messages before I could ever ask a question. I was suppose to waste my/everyone who read the messages time, bandwidth, etc just to get 5 messages posted before I could ever ask a question on something I wanted more information on. I walked away from those message boards. I knew I didn't know what I was talking about, so why I should I be posting anything other than questions. Sounds like a pretty stupid concept to me.

Now if the poster doesn't reply back to ask/clarify more...then you got yourself some vital things to discuss. I'm not saying anything in particular about this poster as I generally don't follow/pay attention to user names, so I don't watch posting history behavior or anything like that.

Just something to think about.