View Single Post
Old 08-15-18, 08:35 PM
u235

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts
I'm not a big tour guy like others but I ride 300-450 a month and I've done a few 5 day 400 milers. I can do either clipless or platforms on long tour style riding with no problem with either. My clipless setup is dual sided PD-T8000 and SPD sandals and my non clipless setup is platforms with some type of breathing draining water shoe like the Columbia Drainmaker. When I go clipless, the sandals are all I need and good off bike comfort and only minor clicking and have no need to carry additional shoes. I wear them riding in winter, summer, dry, wet, on and off road. Adjust or change socks based on conditions.
My thoughts on dual sided pedals... I love them when I have SPD shoes, I can clip or not. I don't like them with regular shoes, I get the clip side way too much and have to fiddle with it. Even with the T8000 that has a top notch real platform side. If I want to use my regular shoes for a day ride or trip, I spend 5 minutes and swap pedals.

Everyone has their reasons. None of which may be an other persons reasons. I don't have foot pain issues with even the softest flimsy shoes so the choice is nice.

Last edited by u235; 08-15-18 at 09:09 PM.