Oldairhead 
RUSA #3100

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked 505 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
The problem wasn't ignoring their customers. The problem was not having a sustainable business model, and understanding Portland's zoning requirements well enough to make it work/not enough money to modify the venue/too ambitious...
Well, they did ignore me, on several occasions. I wanted to like the shop, they just made it so hard! I am a "seasonal local" (is that a thing) and on each occasion that I visited I had to almost beg for service. Maybe I didn't have enough tats or piercings which a Portland thing but they were not customer friendly to everyone!

I also understand that it is difficult to run a business in a town like Portland. There are so many burdens on small business that it makes me wonder how any of them survive in this climate (I am in PDX now!) I'm just saying that if you ignore some of your customers in a competitive market like PDX this can be the end result! My business has gone to CyclePath on N. MLK for some time now. They greet me when I come into the shop and listen to me when I tell them what I want. I am happy and a returning customer! I hope they make it too.