View Single Post
Old 08-18-18, 07:33 PM
scale

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Bianchi Randonneur...aero levers??

I picked up a all original bianchi radonneur recently. It is all original including both racks. It has some junky fenders on it. I plan on getting some planet bike stainless fender stays and hardware which will stiffen then up alot and make them great. The original diacompe levers have melted off and need to be replaced. Rather than getting the cane creek hoods i am thinking of putting a set of tektro rl340s on it. The original look will change if i move to aero levers but they are SO much more comfortable than those old hand hatchets. I have never been able to get use to the old style diacompe hoods. I suppose the answer is just do whatever is comfortable and ride it

THE decals on the bike are pretty rough but the paint is pretty darn good. Neat old Rando bike. IT is almost identical to the Schwinn Voyager S/P of that same era. I believe this is a 1983. Interesting to see a bianchi of that era with cantis. IT has the same diacompe cantis as the miyata 600. They have that spring that fits behind the special nut on each pad holder. I have koolstops and new 27 1/4 paselas on order. IT does have a front and rear suntour mountech mechs. I am going to run them to see how i like them. I think they are either hit or miss. Mostly miss from what i have read.

One thing i thought was strange is it is marked Ishwata 022 on the frame tubes and the fork. When i pulled the fork to clean and repack things, i noticed the steer tube was stamped Tange. Arent they completely different companies/tubing types?

Last edited by scale; 08-18-18 at 07:46 PM.