canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
I thought I was a loner but am actually pretty sociable based on many posts this thread. You guys are pretty dour.

Maybe you guys just need to find better groups. I went on a 60th birthday ride for a friend this weekend and it was a blast.
Funny thing, many of my cycling friends are introverts. Some are outrageously extroverted, but most aren't. I'm sorta in between according to various profile tests.

But introverts aren't necessarily loners. We enjoy compatible company.

I do know some cyclists who really are loners and don't enjoy group rides or functions. Very different from most introverts I know.

My favorite visual joke about friendly introverts is a bunch of cycling friends gathering at a restaurant, coffee shop or pub after a ride and everyone is sitting together, looking at their phones.

Sometimes they're actually using the phones as shields. The extroverts glance at their phones once or twice, but mostly chatter animatedly. The introverts hold up their phones but are often looking over the phones at the other folks chattering. It's a sort of shield that enables them to feel protected while also enjoying company as much as they're able to.