View Single Post
Old 08-21-18, 03:41 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked 2,091 Times in 590 Posts
I had my coronary arteries looked at via a CT angiogram. They were considerably better than is typical for someone my age, but not as good as they should be for someone with my diet and exercise regime.

So my doc convinced me to go on a low dose of Lipitor. All went fine until I got about 1 month into it. I developed elbow pain that came out of nowhere. I've never injured my elbow and I've never had pain in it until then. I stopped taking them and it went away.

Later, my doc convinced me to try a low dose of Crestor instead. All went fine for about 6 months, when I started to develop hip issues ... both sides at the same time. I stopped taking the Crestor, and I'm hoping it goes away.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm off the statins for good. I'll become a vegetarian if necessary, and if that doesn't work, I'll live with the increased heart attack risk. Ain't no way I'm going to make myself an invalid of my own accord.

Likes For Biker395: