Old 08-23-18, 04:54 AM
Stormsedge

Bikes: 2017 Trek Domane SL6 Disc, 1990 Schwinn Crosscut Frankenroadbike, 2015 KHS Team 29 FS, 2000 Gary Fisher Tassajara--gone but not forgotten

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rudebob
Sorry, folks, this thread was meant to be a tongue n' cheek look at how we try to justify acquiring things we don't really need-not how to navigate through a marriage.

FWIW, it is true I have been eyeing the acquisition of a new carbon mountain bike. Just knowing what my wife (one and only for over 33 years) will think serves as a more succinct assessment as to what I also know down deep-as we are usually on the same page about most things. However, as a materialistic human being, these justifications (some that were mentioned) will pop into my head in an effort to convince my conscious in want over need. It's the angel and devil on each shoulder scenario.

I only posted this with the intent of it being a light hearted conversation to see if others struggle in the same way, and to "confess" some of the justifications we (I) have used to convince us into buying more stuff.
I hear you...it did generate some interesting perspectives though! Cheers!