Old 04-13-03, 09:36 PM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by BBQ
Hey JV. I saw you at the start today, listening to Duffy and mayor Daniels speak. You looked a little over dressed, it got warm...good ride?

(Mojo from Bicycling forums)
Hey Mojo good to see you here, welcome.

I wasn't over dressed to start with, though it looked like it. But I did have to stop twice to shed layers. Once on the hill before Broadlawns Hospital, then once again @ one of the signs in front of Broadlawns. Got way to warm on the hills and there was the first of the 2 big hills coming up, the one after M.L. King Jr. Parkway, (I still call it Harding Road). After that I was fine.

BTW what in the heck is the city doing in Union Park? Everyone had to slow down, some of us had to stop and walk our bikes over the large bumps in the road way that goes through the park because of the construction. Are they replacing the road way?

In the section of the ride that goes through Union Park everyone usually flies through there like we are all part of the TDF peleton, its a lot of fun, until we have to stop at the stop sign at the bottom of the hill where Penn. Ave. is. But not this year.

Where you one of the many people I talked to. A lot of people spoke to me and I spoke to a lot before, during and after the ride.

One thing I was very happy to see is that the D.M. Parks and Rec. Dept. finally put a sign and a guard railing along the section of the Bill Riley trail that goes under the R.R. Track bridge with a concrete wall on one side and the river below with a shear drop off leading to it. That area has 2 awesome curves that go up and down. But if you lost control before the railing was there you'd end up in the river. That may not be so bad except its a long drop off and there are things to bounce off of on the way down.

I was unable to do the long loop, only did 20 instead of 25 miles. Ran short on time and I wanted to get back in time to eat. It was 12:30 by the time I got to the turn off point, they stop serving food at 1:00.

This years lunch was pretty good though. Pasta, sauce and garlic bread. Better then the sandwhich and chips they usually serve from years past.

Again good to see you Mojo, hope you had a good ride too.

Talk to you later.

John.