Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Bib straps or base layer showing through a jersey is now being called a "reveal" by manufacturers. A reveal is actually the silk or satin liner of a suit jacket or sports coat. The interesting pattern 'reveals" itself when you move about and people around you get a glimpse inside your jacket. But yeah, manufacturers have found a way to market something showing through a jersey as fashionable.

I suppose a white base layer would work to hide nipples. Or perhaps @WhyFi can find some wicking/breathable pasties.

The colored base layer looks good under a dark or monochrome jersey. It really pops when the jersey is unzipped a little for ventilation. I like wearing mine when I wear all black or grey for gravel. Castelli has some new Pro Mesh base layers with color but they are not suitable for really hot conditions.

https://www.castelli-cycling.com/us/...451808518P-034

-Tim-
A bright base layer showing when the jersey is unzipped is interesting, yes, in the same way that a suit jacket liner is. That same base layer showing through a jersey seems sloppy, just like a suit jacket lining showing through the suit jacket would look cheap.

But yeah, Texas is too hot for such things, and when it's cold it's much too windy and miserable for me to go outside.