View Single Post
Old 09-03-18, 12:28 PM
cyclintom

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Basso Loto, Pinarello Stelvio, Redline Cyclocross

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Camouflage patterns with bright colors supposedly "disrupt" the background. I don't believe it. They certainly don't disrupt the background as much as a plain white or some other bright color jersey without a camo pattern.

More importantly, do people actually think they look good? There was a guy with bullets on his wheels and everyone was fawning over his death bike. Maybe the same people like camo jerseys, I don't know.

Why would a road rider buy camo or brightly colored faux camo "disruptor" jerseys? I'm sincerely trying to understand.

-Tim-
I don't think you understand the theory - while yes, a brightly colored jersey is easier to concentrate on, the breaking up with a lot of bright colors makes it more noticeable. On the other hand it has the unfortunate side effect of not allowing passing traffic to know exactly where you're at. So, theoretically, that would cause them to give you more room, in practice that doesn't seem to be the case.