View Single Post
Old 09-03-18, 04:36 PM
PGHNeil

Bikes: 2003 Trek 4900, 2019 Trek Marlin 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
I turn 50 next July. I haven’t noticed any slow downs, just a period of time when I stopped altogether tonhave kids and basically give up on sleep, exercise and good nutrition. Then a restart when I found out that if I didn’t move my body it would have a tendency to lock up temporarily.

I didn’t want it to lock
up permanently so I started riding again. That’s when I discovered that I’d slowed down; I could not recuperate like I used to.

Nowadays i still ride the same bike I got right before having kids. It hasn’t aged well either for the same reason I didn’t: neglect. Time for a new one.

Do i I take supplements? Yes. Mostly omega 3 because I want to stay off statins for as long as I can. I also take multivitamins and a couple tbsp of Apple cider vinegar diluted in water but not consistent enough to report any results. Other than that I try to cut back on sugars and processed foods when I can and drink mainly water or green tea - when I’m not drinking beer. Riding certainly helps, though I need to increase the frequency of my rides.