khutch
Sumerian Street Rider

Bikes: Dahon Mu P8, Fuji Absolute 1.0

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raria
Then I think you'll need to better explain your post below better as I thought your entire post below was based on you thinking the 520 is now an all alu framed bike.
I am sorry for the error about the frame but my post was written on the assumption that there are many things about the new 520 that put it in the "do not buy, do not recommend to your friends" category with traditional touring bike enthusiasts. The new 520 violates several "rules" and is clearly aimed at a different crowd. Maybe Trek has made the right call, for them, and it will succeed. Maybe it is as horrible a mistake as most of you say it is. I only know that the changes that so many hate cannot have been done by accident, they have to be intentional, and there is only one reason a company ever changes a product and that reason is to make more money. If they got it wrong and it turns out to be an Edsel with cup holders that only fit new Coke containers then they will shortly reintroduce the classic 520. I hope that clarifies it for you, even with the mistake about the frame material I think that should have been clear enough in the original post.