Old 09-04-18, 04:25 PM
MiPeGr

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Gotta get moving in the PNW...

Hey All--

Saw a couple other intros from the PNW lately, and I thought I'd add mine.

Been lurking here for a few weeks and decided to finally register. Looking at getting back on a bike after 25 years. Once I got my drivers license, I stopped riding anywhere... Had a generic "10-speed" road-style bike back then that held up well enough to adolescent abuse & neglect.

Looking to do mostly recreational riding, short errands, maybe commuting a couple days a week if my office moves (will be much closer to home). My SO is trying to increase their fitness level by training for a sprint triathlon. I have no interest in the race, but thought it would be a good excuse for me to get out too. Have gone out and rode a couple of times with them on a borrowed bike...don't have any problems keeping the (slow) pace on level ground, but die on even the slightest inclines. Would like get out more consistently...the friend I borrowed the bike from wants it back.

Will be looking for help selecting a bike, and maybe trying to educate myself on the benefits/uses of an indoor trainer for the rainy/cold months (don't have much interest in riding in inclement weather). I'll post those in the appropriate sections, but here, I just wanted to say "Hi".