Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by salcedo
That must be an awesome company you got there. Because most grocery delivery companies are WAY more expensive than taking an Uber to the store and buying the groceries yourself. This includes Instacart, which I think is the largest delivery service. Way more expensive than Uber. And it makes sense. If you hire an Uber you are paying the person to drive you to the store. If you hire a grocery delivery service, say Instacart, you are paying the person to drive to the store, to choose the groceries, to drive back, and to carry the groceries to your house.

I'm glad this service exist to help people with special needs, people without time to go shopping, and lazy people. But reading your initial post, I still don't think that Instacart is the best solution for people that have difficulties getting to the store and back. If the issue is walking round the store and carrying groceries, that is a different story.
Yeah, um ... I have no idea what Instacart is, but surely there's a better service over there in Canada. There was when I lived there.

Our service is AT the grocery store, puts together the orders for a lot of people, and then delivers all the orders. Lots of people get their groceries delivered this way. I recently found out that quite a few people in my office get their groceries this way because ... why not? It's great!

And it costs about 1/4 the price of Uber, and probably 1/2 the price of a real taxi.

We get lots of stuff delivered ... cycling stuff from the UK, various things from Ebay and similar, etc. ... don't you? It's the way of the future!!

Life is too short to do stuff you don't particularly like, when you get get it done for you ... and you can be out enjoying life.

Last edited by Machka; 09-05-18 at 05:58 AM.