View Single Post
Old 09-06-18, 11:44 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2953 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by hardboiled718
^ Not sure what happened there but I'm kind of curious. Being in constant motion and not being able to get your pedals level is less than ideal for a bunny hop but doesn't make it impossible. Not in terms of tricks but being able to at least wheelie or hop over small obstacles is a pretty useful skill to have.

Agree with this, bad tube and glad the OP didn't wipe out.

Good reminder, in general it's important to be aware that when choosing to share public roads with cars, potholes, nails and other misc. debris there's some inherent risk involved.
I was pulling off the street into a parking lot where the transition from the gutter to the driveway had a decent (1 in. ?) lip on it that I didn't want to just plow into. On my geared bike I would just give a little hop to clear it, so that's what I did just out of habit, forgetting that I was on my FG. Well, I was reminded immediately that I was on a FG when it nearly bucked me off. Didn't crash or anything but it kind of tweaked my back.