View Single Post
Old 09-06-18, 09:50 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
As I mentioned before In this thread, a modern bike "can" make a "difference" in your average MPH on longer rides... BUT, Having ridden my E-Assist bicycle for the last 6+ years and having experienced a 20MPH average ride for like 60 miles... Putting in every ounce of pedaling effort I could to achieve that... When I turn off the assist the best I can seem to do is what my effort is... something like 13.75 MPH average for the same 60 miles... how sad is that... IN OTHER words, while the bike can help, it is the engine that make things happen, Oh, and my assist cuts out at 20 MPH, so to average 20 MPH takes more effort than the E-Assist type I have, can do, on it's own...
Are you applying your thoughts to only your e-bike when it isn't using assistance?

Because an e-bike that isn't providing assistance is quite inefficient compared to a well designed non e-bike, to be making performance comparisons with.