View Single Post
Old 09-07-18, 05:05 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
I did not imply there was a right way of doing things. I stated that there is a right way to train.

My concern is training specifically and exclusively.

There are surely incorrect ways to train and going too hard on recovery days or during base training are mistakes many make. It is not possible to understate how slow and boring a recovery ride or a base miles can be. Most simply go too hard and call it recovery because its Monday or base because it happens to be early spring.

To the OP's question of why, recovery and base miles remain valid reasons to ride slow. That hasn't changed.

-Tim-
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have suggested that you were outlining the proper training regimen for the OP when what you were doing was outlining the right training regimen for everyone who trains. Yeah, that's way better. I also shouldn't have said I'd never train like that because it would make riding boring because apparently that's a good thing?!

​​​​