Old 09-08-18, 01:03 PM
ninja2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gfk_velo
Actually not true.

You can get an "acceptable" shift but it's not spot on. If you take the time to measure the cable bushing inside the lever you'll find that the diameter is different, so the lever recovers a slightly different amount of cable - hence the OP is correct, for accurate and durable adjustment, you need all pre 2015 or all 2015 Rev+

Athena PowerShift levers are not recommended (same problem plus the lever internal isn't designed for the stronger return spring spec of Chorus, Record & Super Record) and Potenza would also not be the correct choice because although the cable pull is correct, here, you also have a problem with the internal design of the lever not being suited to the stronger return sprongs of CH, RE and SR derailleurs.

Pre 2015 levers are still available from the factory and can be ordered via your Campagnolo Prohop. I'd generally avoid used ones as you never know who has done what to them - we see some real horror stories here at the Service Centre ...
very nicely put and my experience as well - the difference between "fine" and "excellent" is obvious, once you try it - you can not compete with professional R&D teams and expect the same results, do not modify the components. check their shop drawings - dimensions are shown down to 0.01mm - good luck achieving this accuracy if you modify the parts.
to OP:
i'd suggest you buy the most recent components and some extra as well that'll last you for many years - i did just that, to avoid situation i'm out of spares; Campagnolo is their worst enemy because they make their own products incompatible internally. so stupid. but then again, their stuff works so well....
you can sell your RD easily if you don't want to keep it.
cheers