Old 09-10-18, 08:39 AM
cyclintom

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Basso Loto, Pinarello Stelvio, Redline Cyclocross

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
My good tubulars are 195g/tire. I'm not finding many clinchers + tubes any lighter than that.

I have experienced exactly the pinch flats Dave has described, on tires/tubes that have carried me 70 miles into an 88-mile trip, one pothole on a descent that rattled my cage and also flatted the tire. I've had the same type of pinch flat during a triathlon.

I've not had a flat with a tubular. Maybe I'm more careful.

I won't have the privilege of a certain member's answer, because with the Ignore function, it's not an issue. But I will quote his objective finding: my tubular wheelsets lighter and smoother and more confidence-building than my clincher wheelsets
So of course, therefore, they are.
Your tubulars weigh 195 grams huh? And you weighed them? Continentals weigh 250 grams claimed and are heavier than that in the road tests. Since those are $107 from Bike Tires Direct it's plain why your picture shows a hand full of money that you're willing to dole out.

You don't get flats on your tubulars because you're "more careful". I suppose that you only ride on swept race courses. One can imagine your results.