Old 09-10-18, 09:41 PM
Futago

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Colnago C-RS frame broke during hill climbing.

Dear forum members,

I'm new to this forum. Hope this post is in the correct space.

Almost 3 months ago I purchased a Colnago C-RS. I've been loving the ride and this past Saturday I decided to go hill climbing. As I stood up to put power down, the right side stays collapsed and the chain pulled my wheel into the frame. The bike immediately came to a halt.

I live in Japan and the roads are generally quite good. This bike is my treasure and I make sure it's well taken care of. As I'm sometimes quite busy and I've recently been out of the country, I have maybe managed to do less than 1000km. This incident is quite shocking to me. On Sunday I took the bike back to the shop I purchased it from and we'll see what happens from there.

In addition to returning my bike to the shop, I also emailed Colnago Japan. I received a quick response from them. In short, they said they're concerned about my safety and if I was injured and would contact the bicycle shop as soon as possible to discuss the matter. They infromed me to please wait for the shop ro contact me about the situation. Currently I'm still waiting.

At the moment I'm wondering how fellow Colnago owners here have experienced customer service and if you've had any similar instances, how is their warranty system?

If anyone else has advice about this matter, I am open to it. I saved a lot of money to purchase the bike and this is really disappointing to me. I don't know how the frame could break so easily. So glad I wasn't going downhill. Such a failure could've been catastrophic.