View Single Post
Old 09-11-18, 03:03 AM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thank you all for the replies.

Starting with the suggestion of changing the bike. I generally like a lot my Renegade Exploit. I rode many bikes before both MTB and Hybrid and Renegade is the closest thing to my need for sure. I love to have freedom while riding and enjoy both speed and versality to go almost anywhere. I need a do it all bike and I think that my Jamis is preety darn close to this definition.

I learned that swapping to 650b tires on my bike will be tough because of low bottom bracket and tire size limitation (max 48c). So in order to have more comfort from tires I would need to change the bike for something like Boombtrack hook ext or Open U.P. which can take up to 2,1 650b tire. For now I don't think I will do that in near future.

In terms of lowering pressure - my bike have ATD 470 rims with a very narrow internal width so it is difficult for me to go tubeless. But for sure I will once more experiment with lowering the tire pressure, but focusing on front tire. We will see where it will get me. Buying new 700c rims is a no go for me due to the fact that there is a very limited tire choice above 43c so I will gain little and spend a lot.

Finally there is a shockstop stem from redshift. I think that I will try it and see if it helps. For sure it can mitigate bigger hits but I am concerned that the constant road shutter will still go to my arms and neck because solutions like shockstep are simply too slow to deal with that. I believe that only double decker handle bar from Canyon Grail can offer a substantial improvement in terms of that. And to be honest, if this bike had even bigger tire clearance that I think I would buy it...