Lava
Reno/Seattle/NYC

Bikes: Cannondale Topstone 105

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JayNYC
I asked Felt about max tire clearance. They gave me a lecture about ISO standards, then said 700C x 45 for the Broam and 650b x 2.1 (53) for the Breed. I had asked max for 700C and 650b for both, so still waiting to hear 650b for Broam and 700C for Breed.

Ah yes, they seem to have a new "adventure" category on their site. Both were in the gravel section a few days ago. But other than marketing terms, what's the substantive difference between those two categories? Or, put another way, why can't the Broam be a gravel bike or the Breed an "adventure" / touring / bikepacking bike?
I think you touched on it with the geometry differences, as small as they might be. Appreciate you reporting back with the tire clearance maximums-hopefully Felt is smart and writes back with a full answer rather than the glibness which you already got.

I have an F75 from 2007 that has always been a bit big for me, and am looking at gravel/adventure/light touring bikes for its eventual replacement. In 2007 Felt was pretty much second to none in terms of value for components, and while the Breed and Broam seem to be a little bit cheaper than some other brands, I wish it they were more competitive with the Topstone.