View Single Post
Old 09-11-18, 10:06 PM
alish

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since this thread has ended up being about a variety of things about the Blue Prosecco SP / EX carbon frame gravel bike, I thought I'd add some more (in case it isn't here already - I'll admit that I skimmed things pretty quickly). The bottom bracket is not what you might think from the info online (PF30 with adaptors to 24mm). I have the SP model, which comes with the old 105 5-bolt cranks. I scored a good deal on a much better BB30/PF30 crank set, but when I went to switch things out I discovered that the bottom bracket is a TriPeak BB38624. The plastic cups for this bottom bracket fit the 46mm o.d. BB shell like a regular BB30, but it takes 24mm bearings for the Shimano 24mm crankset axle (rather than using 30mm bearings and adaptors). This is probably a much better design than using the inserts to step from a 30mm to a 24mm BB axle, but it meant I had to get a new bottom bracket before I could install my cranks (darn); and also, just to note, the BB shell of the frame is wider than the standard road PF30 / BB30 width, so you need to get the BB386 version.

Hopefully this might help someone who is thinking of switching cranks at some point on the Prosecco.

Looking forward to getting my SPYRE brakes and my new Omni BB in the mail so I can finish putting things together and get out for a ride!

-A