View Single Post
Old 09-12-18, 05:37 PM
shipwreck

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Like I said when I started I just wanna make up for not being able to ride my clunker from last years challenge.(the john deere with all the reflectors). But It turns out that I really like the bike I built. I have no idea how many Km I have put on it, but would conservitavly estimate four hundred. After I hit 100 I replaced the Blackburn rack with a topeak that gives more heel clearance with my big Jandd Panniers, and put some Nashbar fuel 2.3 tires on it. The tires are nice, make a cool buzzing sound on the pavement, and if I kill my Kenda strait eights on my mountain bike might just get some of these to replace them. At eleven dollars a tire they really are a value.
Had to drive to the Rogers Arkansas area for a root canal yesterday(my first and hopefully last). Got it over pretty early, and had five hours to kill waiting on a freind to get off work. Since it was so close to the Razorback Greenway I took the trek out for a spin. There are lots of light mountain bike trails parallel to the greenway, and it was a lot of fun on the simpler single track and banked loop trails. Did not catch any air on the tracks, but did manage to make it up and down all of the mounds. All the bmx kids were amused. Adjusted my rear derailleur on one of the handy work stands.

This may be my new favorite bike. It looks goofy, has strait gauge pipe, and is heavy, but is pretty comfortable.

Applause to everyone who found cool old steel and has ridden it, this is one of my favorite threads to look at.

Last edited by shipwreck; 09-12-18 at 05:45 PM. Reason: fixing all the auto correct from my phone.