Thread: Hot r Not
View Single Post
Old 09-13-18, 02:50 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
I am not one who is given over to much drama, but bear with me on this one please. I am a long time loyal follower of this thread. It is extraordinarily rare that a true work of art finds its way onto these pages. Whether factory, custom or a build of your own, the net effect of the volumes of pictures here is really a collective yawn. Sure, sometimes you see a bike that makes you think "oh, that's nice." But how often does a bike appear that makes you feel its presence on a visceral level? Brace yourselves, as one is shortly forthcoming. You know the way you feel when you draw in the beauty of the Hope Diamond in the Smithsonian? It's not an intellectual process. You soak it in on an emotional, spiritual even, level. Let me ask this of you. As you pen your comments please temper your praise in deference to the very many who have come before me and failed. As soon as the postal carrier delivers the last part of this masterpiece this afternoon, and I carefully mount it to the bike with the skill of a true craftsman, I will treat you to a feast for your eyes.
This is so well written. Thank you.

My only critique is, paragraphs.

The bike better live up to the hype or I'm going to be angry enough to take a nap.