View Single Post
Old 09-14-18, 02:19 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 819 Times in 422 Posts
My '64 Legnano has a similar lineage as your Frejus. I got mine new and still ride it. I can't believe an original owner would let the bike get as bad as the one you found. Mine has a few battle scars as does the rider, and the paint is less than paper thin in places, but original, as is the chrome. Interesting that the bottle carrier looks the same. It's not the one I raced with, I had a double bottle Caloric sheet metal holder and bottles. This one came along a few years later. My stem and bars were Ambrosio, with the bars being "Legnano" branded. Its unfortunate that the bottle clamp covers the branded logo - poor product placement. I reluctantly replaced the stem with a Nitto to get longer vertical extension. Back in the day there was more bike and less me. Here's an action shot of the bottle holder and bars, and another of my survivor Legnano. The crank, though old Campy, is not original, I raced with a 53/45 that the old legs don't like now, and the wheels are replacement Ebay clinchers. Best of luck with yours!

Last edited by Slightspeed; 09-14-18 at 02:29 PM.