Old 09-17-18, 09:17 PM
MegMC

Bikes: 1980 Univega Sportour Mixte, 2010 Jamis Quest remix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
@3alarmer treat to see all your bikes! Thanks for posting and I get it now.

@Salamandrine do you have any trusted bike shops you recommend in LA for fit issues? I'm in Pasadena and was going to check out Around the Cycle since they sell a number of used bikes and used components and they have a used wheelset and cassette I was going to buy to put on my old Jamis Ventura so I can sell it as a complete bike (I put the original wheels on my commuter and I figure no one that might possibly buy that bike would want it as anything but complete) so at least I will be buying something if they help me out with some basic fit stuff on their bikes and I can ask about a more formal fitting. They do have a vintage Trek Elance in right now that I'm pretty sure is too small at 48cm but at least I can kick the tires and see in person.

Last time I wanted to try some vintage frames out for the first time I went to the Bicycle Stand in Long Beach, which was awesome, but I would feel so bad going back and test-riding if I don't buy something!

There's a women's specific 87 Ironman in my fave paint job: coral and white with turquoise accents, on ebay for local pickup in Oxnard starting at $120 but it's a 48 cm which i fear is just a bit small. Now if it were the 46 cm Terry version below that might be worth trying just for the hell of it!

Last edited by MegMC; 09-17-18 at 09:41 PM.