Old 09-17-18, 09:46 PM
Mr_Asifi 

Bikes: 1983 Peugeot PSV10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
'80s Puch 130

A couple of weeks ago my friend brought me his bike to restore. I am very new to restoring and working on bikes so I used it as an opportunity for more practice. Started off taking my time but eventually just wanted to get it done and on the road for him.

I won't show the decal touch-up from up close because it is embarrassing. It's clumpy nail polish. Just wanted to see how the colors looked all together. If it bothers him too much I told him he could just wipe it off with nail polish remover.

As a beginner, was excited but mostly overwhelmed by how much work this would be for me

Bar tape was his choice

I think there is little life left in the chain but worked in all gears pretty smoothly during a 5 mile test ride.

Not too happy about the cassette but the chain lubricant should halt any rust? Wasn't really rusted anyways, it's the golden hour lighting...I think

Both hubs were dried out, along with the headset. Overhauled those and didn't have to worry about the sealed Shimano bottom bracket

Overall happy with the outcome. Unfair comparison to the before pictures because of the extra effort into the after pictures