View Single Post
Old 09-18-18, 05:16 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I strive for inclusion when it comes to cycling. All the different forms are great to see and the more the merrier in my mind. It takes all types to help gain traction and support for cycling so lowering the barriers to entry is good.

but man do I struggle to stay supportive when I see ebikes online, in magazines, or out on rides.
I dont really care if they exist, but I do dislike the idea that it would be compared to human powered cycling.

if a battery bike gets someone out into nature and exercising, then perfect.
if a battery bike allows someone to ride further and see more, then perfect.

if those people then brag about how far they rode, then thats lame.

I am glad that gravel rides, even the likely organized races, seem to clearly define ebikes as unacceptable.

as for me, if i wanted to go faster on gravel i would buy a moped or roll the windows dow in my car and drive.
I like the challenge of riding.
One other scenario to nod too...if someone is a racer and their SO isn't. The moped lets one get their training in, and the other keep up pace.

Granted of the one or two couples I know like that...I have half a dozen coworkers who strip out the governor and go buzzing their mopeds solo at 25MPH on bike paths labeled "No Motorized Vehicles".