Old 09-22-18, 09:16 PM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by rmueller
Why not take a look a the IGPS products, the $150 you are already planning on spending could go towards a $90 IGPS50e in the US, it has everything you are looking for and the battery last way longer than your phone.
If you order them on eBay (betting the farm on getting a perfect device) you can get them for way cheaper out of China, shipping takes forever but way cheaper.
Then spend anywhere between $18 - $50 (again EBay out of China vs US) and get cadence sensor; speed sensor is over kill since the IGPS has built in GPS.
I'm sure there are other computers that would do the same stuff. I tried my phone and it just eats the battery alive running 4 radios at a time (GPS, Cell, BT, ANT+) and the display bright enough so you can see it in the day time.
Just a thought
thanks, tha tlooks good and i like that it uses GPS for speed, no fiddling with wheel diameters (effort, different pressures etc.). It doesn't' seem to have nice app and screen customization like Wahoo and Bryton, though

Originally Posted by philbob57
Or Bryton
thanks, looks really good and the "Ride 10" is $70 with cadence sensor ($53 without). also looks like the app is good and i can customize the screen. Do you have one of those and how is it?
This one seems to have bluetooth only and no ANT. Probably not an issue since sensors are dual (BLT/ANT). But I wonder if I regret not having ANT?
the "Rider 310" also has a "power"function. i assume it derives power from altitude changes and speed.