Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Holy Giant Wall Of Text, Batman!

Paragraphs, my friend. Paragraphs!

Also...if she cheated...she did it badly. She finished 3rd from last. And you no longer race with her. So...what's the big deal? No one was hurt as a result of this. She didn't displace a legitimate medal winner by cheating. She nudged the 3rd slowest runner down to the 2nd slowest runner. (And actually had she been caught cheating she would have been disqualified, so the 2nd slowest runner would have still been the 2nd slowest runner. She'd be one closer to the winner, but not 1 further from last)

Is it still wrong if she cheated? Yeah. But how is that your cross to bear? No one was really impacted by it, you didn't do it, and you're not currently racing with her anymore so you won't be involved in anything like that again.

And you don't even KNOW she cheated. All you KNOW is that she was being cranky that day and acting like a know it all regarding where to place the timer thingy. It's entirely possible that there was no ill intent on her part, just a severe case of "I know everything" that caused her chip to malfunction because she didn't know as much as she thought she did.

Also...it was 5 years ago.

I mean if YOU did this and even 5 years later felt the need to confess I'd say to call the race organizers and unburden your soul. Find the 2nd slowest runner and let that person know they were cheated. Make amends for something that's been bothering you for 5 years and come clean. I totally get the need to do that. But we're talking about someone else's mistakes here. You didn't do it.

Last edited by Skipjacks; 09-25-18 at 08:57 AM.