Old 09-25-18, 10:37 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,470 Times in 1,147 Posts
You made it clear you are not interested in hostels, but if I was you I would at least know where a good hostel is near the airport so if you change your mind before you leave EU, you could stay there for a night instead of camping on your last night. You never know if it might be raining, in which case if you had their phone number you might want to call and see if they have an openning if you change your mind at the last minute.

I have never even considered a hot plate on a camping trip, but I sometimes have carried a small immersion heater so I can make a cup of coffee in the morning if I am at a motel. Looks like REI no longer sells the 240 volt one.
https://www.rei.com/product/781694/r...-heater-120240

If you have never used an immersion heater like that, you put the heater in your cup of water before you plug it in. And you unplug it before you take it out of the water. If it is plugged in for even a second and not immersed in water, it will immediately burn out. The heater is in the cup in my photo, next to the powdered instant espresso jar.

I was going to suggest you get one of these before you leave, but since REI no longer sells them you probably could not get one soon enough.

I am not suggesting it as a substitute for a hot plate to cook on, but it can make a cup of boiling water if you have a packet of ramen or something like that. Then you have an alternative to use if you have any delay in getting your hot plate.

Since motel rooms in EU generally lack coffee makers, I always bring my heater to Europe with me.