View Single Post
Old 09-25-18, 11:30 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3251 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,520 Posts
Originally Posted by canyoneagle
Spec sheet for the Fuji. 18.3 lbs. Mine was a 60cm so probably heavier, but I put lighter wheels on it, and my scale (which is accurate) showed what it showed, and I have no reason to believe it is wrong.
Print Bike Page - 2012 Gran Fondo 2.0

Top end steel bikes, even in the 80's, were commonly 19.5-21 pounds. Again, do the math. Start with frameset weight and go from there. It's not rocket science. The EL-OS tubeset on my frame (62.5cm) is one of the lighter steel tubesets made, so it only follows that it will result in a relatively light frame. My frame is 4.8 lbs, fork is 1.4. For apples to apples, compare any other frameset with that, and you have your delta, given same build - take the variables out to get a real comparison.

Choose to believe what you want, deny everything else. There is nothing I can do to change that.
My 84 56cm Lotus Legend Compe/Columbus SL frame/fork weighed 6.12lbs on the post office scales with the headset and BB installed. Same for the rest of my old steel frames/forks. They are within 1.5lbs of the Lotus. They all were weighed with their stock headsets/BBs still installed. People talk about how much lighter the carbon frames are. You are not going to save much without light components.