Old 09-26-18, 03:33 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6222 Post(s)
Liked 4,222 Times in 2,368 Posts
Originally Posted by EarlVanDorn
I'm sorry you question my honesty. I actually have a little gas stove of the type you describe; it screws onto a one-pound propane tank. I had planned to bring it, but my Internet research said it was difficult to find the tanks in Europe. I didn't rush to buy a similar butane stove because of doubts as to where or if I could buy fuel to fit it. I take it from some of the responses that butane tanks for these stoves are available everywhere in Europe and that's good to know and file away.
I'm not sure what you searched for but it looks to me like they are readily available in most of Europe. France seems to be a bit of a desert, however.

Originally Posted by EarlVanDorn
I said in my first post that I had never bike-camped in my life. Forgive me if my question might have seemed dumb or over-the-top to you. And thanks to those who responded.
Camping, in general, usually means doing without a lot of amenities like, well, electricity. I wouldn't assume that there would be electricity available at every campsite so an electrical device becomes a bit of a brick. If I were to tour in Europe, I would probably use a stove that could burn multiple types of fuel. The Primus Omnifuel would probably be my first choice since it can burn pretty much any fuel from butane to diesel.

And, since Primus is a European ... Norwegian to be exact... company, many places should carry the fuel for the stove.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!