J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
As someone who likes to cook both at home and when I tour, my rationale for carrying a rather elaborate kitchen (never weighed all my cooking at eating gear, but I seriously doubt it's 14 lbs.) is that I like a tasty, healthy, satisfying meal after a day's ride. I also enjoy the challenge of coming up with something halfway decent when pickings are slim. I can whip up a nice pasta dish with veggies and some sort of protein (chicken, sausage, fail-packed tuna or salmon, canned crab) in about 40 min. measured from when I sit down to start prep. Dish complexity and water temperature can affect the time, but not by a whole lot.

I never leave home without olive oil and fresh garlic. I cheated with this meal back in June. Added some pre-cooked roasted vegetables because the selection at the country store in Vermont was somewhat limited. I normally would have gone with fresh tomatoes. The farm-made sausage was terrific. Doing dishes takes 10 min. Tonight's menu at home features roasted whole bronzino stuffed with herbs and lemon.

STOP IT! I'm drooling on my keyboard!